Saturday, December 11, 2010

Deja vu


It's been 14 years since I have lived in Bountiful. I tried many years ago to do everything I could to spread my wings and experience something new. I used to hate this "small town". Now I am finding the good in it. So much has changed since then, but overall, it really is not a bad place. Everything is so local; the library, the grocery stores-all the stores really. My children are studying art from a nationally famous artist-just across the street from Grandma's house. The boys have experienced Gymnastics at "Flips" and I love the local stores, particularly "All tucked in" on Main Street. Trevor and I are about to start at the gym at the Bountiful Rec center, formerly known as "the bubble". The kids are about to start Swim lessons. (Steven and Cindy have always supported lessons of their grand children) And the two of us have enjoyed Pilates and Yoga-a regular private class of Steven's. I am proud to say that I could keep up with Trevor and even a few times out do him :)
There really is so much to be thankful for in an all familiar way. It's been years since I drove by Milcreek Junior High-I hardly recognized it and Bountiful High-ha! It's a rather Deja vu feeling to be here.

2 comments:

C.LEE said...

did you guys move back here or just visiting?!

Sarah said...

I hear you. It is crazy to be carpooling three kids past places that are such a familar part of my past.
Bountiful is a good place. I'm glad you're remembering/finding the good here...especially All Tucked In!

But, it is time to spred our wings...I'm itching for change.