Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What the heck.....


So I just got done with music lessons on skype and I go upstairs to check on the rest of the kids and finish my job chart project that I have been working on, before I need to prepare dinner. And this is what I find...
3 naked boys running around
all the bedding ripped off the beds
All the toy box organizers emptied on the floor and toys everywhere.
One of those boxes used as a toilet with you know what floating in it.
All the garbage emptied everywhere, yes I need to revaccuum
oranges and orange peels strewn all over the place
clothes taken out of the drawers and closet
My job chart project scattered everywhere
(Ha, job chart-is it hopeful?)
Water and toothpaste on the floor, and it needs to be rewashed
poopy water on the micro cars-they need to be washed.
scrapbooking tape all over the carpet
ANOTHER load of laundry because of the newly soiled towels and clothes
Did I miss mentioning something? All this in an hour.
But that is three boys for you, trapped inside for going on 120 days...

Now the girls on the other hand are quietly playing with dolls

The difference between boys and girls.
Looks like I got my work cut out for me.
-and them

7 comments:

Nonie said...

That is insane. Please not three boys in a row for me!!

It's been a while since I visited your blog! When I read your 21 list, I got thinking that you should do a whole bunch of posts about the natural living stuff you've discovered. It would be a goldmine. You could devote a whole blog to that alone!

Nonie said...

Skyping lessons? Interesting...

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

There's another reason to only have 2 kids. Plus, one's already a girl so I can't even have 2 boys!
That is quite a mess! I'm sorry you have to deal with it! It will be so nice when the weather gets better and they can go outside!!!

Joe Mangum said...

I just stumbled on your blog this morning. I don't know you but growing up in a family with five boys and one girl I know that getting them to do chores or even keeping them half way under control is a full time job that oftentimes still doesn't work :) However, you asked about job charts (is there any hope?). A ton of my friends and families I know are using this website www.myjobcharts.com which is an online job chart program where the kids have login and earn points for checking off chores that you set up for them. It seems to work really well and I thought it was a neat idea. You might want to check it out.

Alena said...

So, you would get rid of Jessica, Justin, Brett and Joseph just to stick to the two kids Alexis and MaKayla!?! :)

Falling Foward with Grace said...

Alena.. Alena! When i read this post I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I told Nate about it... He laughed! LOL I also told him that I am praying that this isn't a foreshadowing of my future.
Considering that Ammon's nick-name is destruct-o- I think I might be having some vain-hope eh?

momofsomja said...

Alena, I want to say that is hilarious, only because I know what you are going through!! I really hope that my middle son wasn't a contributor to the toy box donation. He told me the boys had peed in the toy box, so I have my worries! I'm so glad to have you as a friend!! And for the record, I wouldn't trade my three boys for anything. They are a constant source of full fledged, nothing held back, hilarious antics that never cease to come up with some sort fantastic and often stinky way to entertain themselves!! It is never dull at a house with boys!:)