Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Giver



This is a great book that I just finished with my children. It has so many deep thought provoking questions and makes sense of the fall of man and Eve's wisdom in her decision to partake of the fruit. I would highly recommend it to anyone with children 10 and older-maybe as young as 8. We had a great time discussing during and after this book. "It is better that we experience sorrow, that we may know the good from the evil." At first I didn't know what was going on in this book, and I heard from the kids, "not that book! It's just an old man and it looks boring!!" But then I soon realized the pure genius and creativity in the message. A classic!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I agree. Great book. Loved that book when reading it as a teenager AND when I picked it up within the past year. I still remember as he recognizes color. Can't look at an apple without appreciating seeing what I see!