Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spain, France and Monte Carlo


Trevor and I had such a blast. We saw so many neat things that it was literally overwhelming. We are so blessed to have been able to take this opportunity. Because we saw so much I will divide the slide shows up according to the countries we were in. So the first one is Spain, France and Monte Carlo. Spain had unique markets. I am sure you can find these things where ever you go, but in all the countries we were in we didn't see another market like it. Aside from the produce, we didn't like the food too well. It was neat to be in Barcelona-Columbus' home. And Europe is always fun for the archetecture/churches. It is neat to just sit back and take it in.
Monte Carlo was overwhelming because you could feel the money that circulates there. It seems everyone owns a yacht with their own personal crew and we didn't shop there, why bother with the prices. But it was fun to see the palace museum with Napoleon artifacts and All the archetecture and gardens.
We took a cab up into Eze France. Eze is a 14th century village still in use! It was the quaintest thing I have ever seen, and the pictures I have just don't do it justice. Rock pathways, buildings and walls are in great shape with wrought iron widows, hinges, gates and door knockers. They have made use of all the old inns, shops and such and continued using them for the same thing-shops, cafes and hotel inns.It was so cool. I thought it was a perfect day. I even got to try out my rough french, all though the people were rude and ignored me all except one lady of whom I bought post cards from. I had fun conversing with her and it was neat to be in a french speaking country. We are so thankful to have been there and miss these places already. That is all for now. Stay tuned for Italy, Greece and Turkey

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a world traveler you are. How absolutly WONDERFUL! What a blessing to be able to go, and see, and relax!