Thursday, June 25, 2009

GREECE!


I loved Greece, Mykonos the little island most. Everything was stark white with blue accents. We pulled up to port and saw the village and it is exactly what you would expect from a Greek island. Small, white and blue. I loved this is the same way I loved the french village-Eze. They were both narrow alleys, rock (Mykonos was painted white)They were small scale,quaint and clean. We had breakfast there and I enjoyed an omelet Greek style-of course excellent. Greece and Spain have the best fresh squeezed orange juice-to die for! Anyway, it was fun to walk around the little village and enjoy the shops and friendly natives. Things here were not as expensive as other places. This was one of my favorite places on the trip because it was so unique. Athens was another big European city. And all cities in Europe are about the same. It was cool to see the ancient ruins on the top of the hill though. It was amazing to experience this piece of the world (okay, the entire trip for that matter) but to see this history and relate to the stories of history we read about was incredible. It was really hot, the hottest day and we were against slippery white stone and so, me without sun glasses it was difficult to stay up their too long. But what a blessing it was to be there. We came down and sat at a cafe to order lunch, I decided I don't like Greek lamb Kabobs. Of course I didn't know it was lamb. But there vegetables and fresh Pitas were great. I regret I didn't have something I like in Greece except that egg omelet because the food is famous for its flavor and spices. Greece was amazing! We had so much fun and built so many memories. Next up is Turkey!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How long were you gone for?
Are you lucky enough to travel abroad often? Is it something your in-laws are big on?

Nonie said...

How fun to catch up on your trip and see your pictures!! My brother served his mission in Greece, so we've heard lots of amazing stories. So much character!

Missed you guys at Institute! ;)

shy said...

I love your slide shows the pictures are so fun. Im so excited your blog is back up. It is so beautiful.