Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Need tools!


I couldn't resist posting this woman cartoon. I have often said it would be nice if mothers grew arms with each children to help with the multitasking. Often times I am a couple hands to short. I must confess the other day I expressed my frustration to Trevor, (telling him not to take it personal, I just needed to vent. I realize his job is overwhelming too.)I find it difficult to do my job a few arms short, let alone a few tools short. How can I mow the lawn without a lawn mower, till the garden without a tiller, weedwack without a weedwacker, water the garden, newly planted trees and flowers without a hose; Prune my fruit trees without a tree pruner; water my lawn without the irriagtion water turned on!?! It makes it very difficult to take care of things around here with out the means to do it. Our riding lawn mower has been in the shop for the last month. Our tiller broke down and gave out, our hose has busted so many holes that it has no pressure out of the opening so that I can water, plus it can't reach to the other side of the yard to water my fruit trees and grapes. I had a dear neighbor lady (70 years old) come over and ask if we had been sick while trudging through our knee high grass. "No, we haven't been sick." I reply "I have noticed your lawn could use a mowing and would you be okay if I mowed it for you?" "You are not going to mow my lawn, I should be mowing your lawn if I had the mower to do it" I answered. But she refused after I explained the white trash look and brought over her riding lawn mower and I insisted she let me borrow it instead of her doing it and then she ran home to grab her push mower. Our grass is high again and a neighbor asked how much we were charging for hay? I told him just to bring his horses on over and we could hook each other up! Why does everything seem to break at the same time?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Too funny! I know it's not to you but I totally understand and that is why I had to chuckle. Why is it that when it rains it pours, metaphorically, because when it comes to real rain, our country seems to usually be in a drout. i'd like a drout every now and then!

Jayme said...

That is a great picture! So true! I saw your comment on my blog and thought I would drop you a little note. Looks like you are keeping yourself very busy... I'm impressed! Your children are darling and they are very lucky to have such a dedicated mother! I hope your lawnmower gets back from the shop soon!... for the sake of your neighbors! Ha!