Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I lost but I gained


Today I have conquered a fear. One I have put off for too long. I had a tooth implant done. Not fun minor surgery but at least I don't have to ever worry about that tooth again. If it was a back molar I would have had it pulled, but it wasn't so an implant was in order. However, it will be nice to chew on both sides of the mouth without pain after 2 years. I do have to say that having babies does indeed take a toll on your body. Since I have had them I have lost 2 teeth now (my one back molar is missing)lost skin tone, especially around the stomach,lost half of my hair, grown stretch marks, have a bent tail bone (at least it didn't break), lost my figure and last but not least lost breast quality and quantity. But In the process I have gained six beautiful children and I would do it all over again.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great picture of the six! They each seem to be such a character.
It is amazing to me where life has taken you. You are a great example of a mother...of looking at the best in each situation...of doing what you can to leave a good mark.
Lucky kids to have you. Lucky husband to have you keeping the house together.

Kara said...

Haha - the joys of motherhood! We get all that back in teh next life though right!

So cute to see them all together since I never have. :-(