Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Looking at the Bright side of things


Since we haven't had "Dad" around the house much with his two jobs during this employment transition I have had plenty of time to think of the good things while he is gone. While this has been hard on our family, especially me I can either wallow in it or conquer it. I choose to conquer. So I will list those things that I have come to look on the bright side with.
1.) I learned how to use a snow blower this winter.
2.) I do all the yard work on nearly an acre of garden/yard-believe me, you can tell
3.) I planned and planted the garden
4.) I learned how to fix the tiller
5.) Done home repairs
6.) ALMOST caught up on all 6 baby books
7.) read a lot of books and learned a lot
8.) Learning french
9.) I plan 3 healthy meals a day (made from scratch)
and pack Trevor a lunch and dinner.
10) Learned more about computers
11) Learned how to be more economical so Trevor's work
is not waisted by unwise spending.
12) Learning patience as the days are long and I feel
tired and cranky with the children I have to be
patient as dad is not here to take over and relieve.
13) Our love is growing stronger as we are both sacrificing
and working together to achieve this goal.
14) Time is precious. Because he misses 300 days a year out
of the 365 we have so little of it together that we make
the most of it.
15) My children are learning that when dad isn't here I need
their help even more. Cooperation takes place.
16) My children are learning the value of an early education.
If dad had done this years ago we wouldn't be doing
it now amidst family life.
17) As I am away from family and almost isolated, my children
have become my sanctuary and my little friends.
18) I love to be busy, because of this I invest large amounts
of time into them.
19) We value life more. As we have lived this less quality of
family life because of too much work we are apt to make
good decisions that support quality family life.
20) At least I have Saturday night and Sunday with him. My heart
goes out to all those that have lost a spouse.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I can relate to a lot of that. although my husband does make it home for dinner it can be late and he at least gets to see his little girl 6 days of the week. As a school teacher though, his overtime is simply furthering his career rather than bringing in extra bucks! :-)