Saturday, August 6, 2011

Grandparents Come For A Visit.

One of my fondest memories of my dad is when he carved a whistle out of a Willow branch. I thought he made magic when he did this for me as a child. I asked him to teach me and show my kids...oh the things they USED to do before TV and video games. So innovative.




Grandma plays Barbies with Jessica

We went to OUT OF AFRICA wild animal park down close to Phoenix with my parents when they came up. It was a fun day...long, but good.


Here we are, waiting for the tiger show.

Girls with Grandma waiting for the Tiger show




Petting and feeding the ostriches and deer.


Amazing Snakes that the kids got to touch and hold.



Enjoying the Snakes


The guide is teaching us about ostriches

Brett is looking at the Eggs.


The kids got to feed and pet the giraffe as he came right up to the jeep.






Heck, we didn't need to drive down to Phoenix area to see wild animals...we have one in our back yard. A Javelina. They migrated over the last couple hundred years from South America and are wild pigs.

4 comments:

Karlee, Tyson, Erin and Rylee said...

Fun! I want to go!! I am scared of a wild pig in your back yard. They are mean!

momofsomja said...

Love reading about your family! Thanks for keeping us updated, it feels like you are not so far away. The kids are jealous of your super fun adventures. Miss you!

Kara said...

Hey we had 2 javelinas in our backyard too last year! Crazy! They actually are a distant relative of the hippo and not the pig. :-)

Ericksens and their half dozen said...

That's what the internet said about them when I researched..hippo? interesting. We've heard all sorts of stuff about them, related to rodents and even deer so i finally looked it up. Who knows...maybe it's one of those fluke animals. Good to hear from you.