Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time out.

Life is interesting. When one takes a time out from the busyness of things one can appreciate the more simple and subtle things of life. I have enjoyed our time at the heritage center once again for this purpose. The basics of life and refocusing are all encompassed in that little farm. I love the scriptures. Nephi is my favorite, well one of them. Perhaps it is because he is so personable about who he is and what he struggles with that I can know of him better. Many things have been jumping out at me as I have been studying my scriptures and the spirit has been teaching me. That is the beautiful thing about taking time out, humbling oneself and refocusing. As hard as it is to be humbled, at the same time it is a blessing when you turn it into a strength and use it for good. The Spirit has so much to offer and the Grace of Jesus who has mastered all to set the example are once again proof of a Father's divine love. I have often thought how neat it would be to take a time out and mediate on a solitary island. My little home and my wonderful family can be that sanctuary. Trevor is an amazing person of whom I have learned so much from. I love the man he is, feel the privilege of being sealed to such a great spirit. I am so grateful for the gift God gave me when he gave me Trevor. And if that wasn't enough, I now enjoy six heavenly spirits of whom I feel so incompetent to raise. Yet, I am not alone in this journey-I have been blessed with wonderful people who surround me and fill in the gaps that I am not able to do. Christ is one of those, I am thankful that by the grace of him my shortcomings can become enough to these children...how thankful I am for timeouts.

1 comment:

momofsomja said...

Thanks for your encouraging words! It's always nice to know that others are feeling the same way I am!