Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From Little girl to Young Woman


So...Alexis flew off on the other side of the world today. Not a big deal right? Well, I think my little girl is growing up and this journey of hers will only cement that reality. I feel as if I have said good bye to a my little girl and in exchange what I will get when she comes back is a young lady. She will grow up so much from this trip. A fact I have tried to hide from. How fast time flies. One moment you are holding their chubby little hands and looking into those deep and trusting eyes; and the next minute you are letting go of those hands while those eyes look on. One can only hope that you have taught them well and that those eyes will not wonder too far. Of course now more than ever I need to be the woman worthy of inspiring her. And more than often I feel unequal to the task. So now is the time where my knees will be knelt upon, that I may be guided in how to assist her through her journey into Young Womanhood.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She is beautiful!
You seem to have done/are doing a great job.

And, thanks for the other two posts below...great inspiration on a day when I needed it.