Friday, April 22, 2011

Fairy Tales in the making...



Okay,here are a few pictures of our "backyard" and view. I have no idea how big the backyard is I am assuming around 5 acres. It goes back far enough that I can't see the end of it. Within this backyard the children are having creative time. They have built and designated "homes" for each child. And in each home is a bed, craftily designed by each child.
Found a wicked witches tree (it really does look haunted)and her cauldron ( a rusty metal pot that was abandoned).

And the kids race to see the train come at the end of the property, separated by a mere wire fence. I have not seen the train up close like they have, but they say it's fantastic.
You can see the tracks through the dense foliage.
And here is a view of the front and back of our house


This is going to be an advantageous period of learning, growing and family bonding. I predict that they will create fairy tales of there own and memories to last a life time. I have always believed that you make the most of where you are. And that education and learning are all around us. The kids enjoyed seeing a bald eagle and a golden eagle. They have been fishing several places that are close to our home. I think we are surrounded by a great many vacation homes and have but 2 neighbors that we can account for. One is a Navajo/Hopi Indian who is retired and will show the children many Indian traditions, dances, stories and art. It is so beautiful and serene and I appreciate the quietude of this place. It feels so safe and therapeutic. The ward is fantastic and just as every ward should be.It is our first ward outside of Utah. I didn't know people could be that friendly and that ordinary people serve in great callings. It was hard in Utah and I will refrain from saying more on the subject. But may I add how divine it is to be in a ward that exemplifies pure Christianity? They are so jovial that I find I have to do a second take. I am left feeling stunned and a bit awkward. I am not used to such genuinely happy people. The emphasis is on genuine.Till next time...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So you're settled for now! What great surrounding. YES, the perfect place for Fairytale playing!
What an example of making the most of where you're at. Love that you're learning from those around you and taking advantage of the neighbor's skills and knowledge!

Jessica said...

It looks so pretty! I miss all of you so much. Hope you enjoy it. It sounds like everyone loves it! Love you all.

nia said...

Where are you Alena? I miss you. Do you still have my number?
NaLyn

Alena said...

NaLyn!!!!No, I don't have your number, nor any connection to a blog. Unless the Liberty one is yours, of which I have no doubt. Yes, I am here...in Arizona. The last place on earth I suspected providence would guide us. There have certainly been many road blocks, which only confirms my conviction that we are here for a reason. I miss you guys. The strength of the Cache Valley Homeschoolers. I miss the blessings associated with the great youth. There are many homeschoolers here. I have yet to find them. Other than putting my life back together, catching my breath and trying to make sense of the past year's events, we are doing splendidly. I think I have your number. Memorized that is. I thought of you today at Barnes and Nobles when the kids were redeeming their Christmas gift cards. I wondered "what would NaLyn suggest for great reads now?" I went there without a list...a venture I will not repeat. Hugs to you. I will call you IF I have your number right.