Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally the end products!

Here they are, well most of them anyway. Jessica and MaKayla painted some tiles but I haven't photographed them. I am not sure that we have them back as they were displayed by their art teacher in an art show. But here is a sample of some of the work we have been doing.

this one was done by Grandma. This is a sample of majolica.
This is Justin's "perfect" little bowl as mentioned in an earlier post. He had no help or instruction. He just surprised grandma with this one.
This is the glaze he chose. Pretty cute glazing.
Justin threw this bowl
Alexis threw and carved these two jars.
Alexis designed this Egyptian plate. She has always loved Egypt and its history.
This plate by Alexis was from "Snip Snap and Snur" We love these stories from 1930's Sweden. We love the 3 girls and 3 boys in these classic stories.
Alexis made this "Flicka Dicka Ricka" plate from the stories

MaKayla painted this Peter Rabbit Majolica plate

MaKayla inspired me to do some Tiles that I can frame myself of Peter Rabbit. I love these classic stories, well all classic children's literature for that matter.
These came natural and were so fun to me.
I loved going into my mind and being creative. I could really get into this.
This one was harder because of all the details. But fun anyway.
I can't wait to do some more.

3 comments:

C.LEE said...

Get out! Your daughter is really talented! Those plates are beautiful!

momofsomja said...

beautiful!

Sarah said...

I am loving the piece that proudly sits in my kitchen!
You know, I look at it and think of your example and how we are trying to get through life being molded in the Master's hands...