Tuesday, July 14, 2009

whisperings

 

Today was a busy day, not unlike many others. I had a meal prepared for dinner when a whispering came to me to give a widow Trevor and I home teach some of it. My first thought was, "Oh, it's not that nice of a meal, perhaps another night." I do have to say in my defense, that it was more like a thought and I often think of the people I have been entrusted with their care. So much to the point I can easily wear myself out doing too much. So I am really trying to simplify life and offer my best self to my children. But then it whispered again "take sister Bradshaw a meal." It is not uncommon, I take a meal to her once a month, but I followed through with the prompting and set a plate up for her. Upon arriving I learned she had just had surgery and was in need of a meal....How grateful I was, that during my chaotic day and shortcomings of even being worthy/available for the spirit to prompt me, I received a tender mercy and the spirit was patiently persistent with my nauiveness. To be in tune with the spirit is all I could want in this life. I need its guidance daily with the heavy responsibilities that are mine. This inspires me to live my best for the constant companionship of the spirit's whisperings.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nonie said...

Thanks for the good example, Alena. I'm glad to hear that you are still in Cache Valley... how much longer?